- Contact us
GROWvember Plant Sale Nov 5
GROWvember, Mead Botanical Garden’s fabulous annual fall plant sale is the place to be on Saturday, November 5, 2016, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., just in time for you to prepare your fall garden and beautiful your home for the holidays.
No admission; parking is free. The sale will be held rain or shine. Food trucks will have delicious food and beverages for shoppers to enjoy. The Garden is located at 1300 S. Denning Drive, Winter Park.
Scroll down for the complete speaker and workshop schedule.
The sale features a variety of high quality plant vendors, plant workshops, demonstrations and “Ask the Expert” opportunities. Shoppers will find a wide selection of high quality, beautiful plants including annuals, perennials, house plants, native plants that attract hummingbirds and pollinators, bromeliads, vegetables, herbs, succulents, ferns, orchids, medicinal plants and many other specialty plants.
New to Florida Gardening? Need a little help getting started?
Want some delicious, fresh winter produce grown in your own garden?
Looking for beautiful, high quality horticultural additions for your home and garden?
Planning for holiday foliage and displays? Wondering what herbs and other medicinal plants you can grow?
Garden experts, including Tom MacCubbin and UF/IFAS master gardeners, will be on hand throughout the sale to answer questions, give workshops and provide advice related to all kinds of gardening needs.
Mead Garden is grateful to the GROWvember sponsors and plant sale committee volunteers!
Massey Services Inc. | Seacoast Bank | Fannie Hillman & Associates | Florida Distributing Company
First Quality Lawn and Care | Lukas Nursery and Butterfly Encounter | Sunniland Corporation | Miller Hardware | Entwined
Mead Botanical Garden is located at 1300 S. Denning Drive, Winter Park, near the intersection of State Road 17-92 and Orange Ave.
Proceeds from GROWvember Fall Plant Sale support the revitalization of Mead Botanical Garden and its programs.
Last year's Fall Plant sale was a total success! Now, we are accepting vendor applications for our 2016 Fall Plant Sale!
Fall is a fabulous time to plant in Florida! With a wide variety of plant vendors, you'll have fun exploring the great selection of plants, home and garden accessories and specialty items.
GrowVember — Mead Botanical Garden’s Multi-vendor Fall Plant Sale
Saturday, November 5th, 2016, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Early shopping, Friday, November 4th, 3 - 7 p.m.
Planning for holiday foliage and displays? New to Florida Gardening?
Need a little help getting started? Want some fresh winter produce from your own yard?
Florida fall gardens promise abundance along with celebrations - with pleasant weather, fewer bugs, and less disease pressure.
Vendors may complete an online application or print one and mail it to P.O 1227 Winter Park, 32790
About Growvember 2015
Click here to view the PHOTO ALBUM from the 2015 GROWvember. Many thanks to the vendors for their fabulous collections and displays. And to all the Sponsors who laid the foundation to bring it all together.
Mead Garden would like to thank these generous sponsors
Ace Hardware | Fannie Hillman + Associates | Floridian Bank
Keller Outdoor Landscaping | Massey Services, Inc.
Miller’s Hardware | Whole Foods Market
Find a treasure trove for your home, garden and friends -- all in one place:
- Ready your home and garden for the holidays with beautiful plants
- Annuals, perennials and edibles for the fall/winter season
- Tom MacCubbin presents “Florida’s Famous Plants — You Can Grow Them, Too”
- Holiday gifts and decorations
- Master Gardener Plant Clinic – Orange County UF/IFAS Extension
- Food trucks and drawings for prizes
Bring your wagon! Rain or Shine! Free Admission & Parking
9:00 - 9:20 a.m. Emily Ruff (Florida School of Holistic Living): Edible and Medicinal Uses of Common Central Florida Plants
9:30 – 9:50 a.m. Kathy Roberts (Central Florida Ferns): Mini Gardens and Terrariums for Your Home
10:00 – 10:20 a.m. Denis Gretton (D&D Growers): Growing and Cooking with Herbs
10:30 – 10:50 a.m. Mike Salvi (Russell’s Bromeliads and Air Plants): Mounting Air Plants
11:00 – 11:20 a.m. Tom MacCubbin (University of Florida IFAS Extension Agent Emeritus, host of Better Lawns & Gardens Radio): Florida’s Famous Plants – You Can Grow Them, Too!
11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Rachelle Hoffman (Our Vital Earth): Worms for My Garden
12:00 – 1:00 p.m. Lunch
1:00 – 1:20 p.m. Amanda Martin (Florida Native Plant Society, Tarflower Chapter): Soil for Native Plants in the Landscape or Containers
1:30 – 1:50 p.m. Catherine Bowman (Florida Native Plant Society, Tarflower Chapter): Original Mead Natives for Your Yard
2:00 – 2:20 p.m. Redenta Soprano (Botanical Artist): The Magical Patterns in Plants
2:30 – 2:50 p.m. Janice Elsheimer (Garden Author): The Wisdom of Growing Things
3:00 – 3:20 p.m. Stephen Pategas (America in Bloom): Winter Park Blooms
These growers, nurseries and horticultural suppliers will be on hand to help you select varieties and products for Central Florida's distinctively special fall and winter growing season:
- Central Florida Ferns & Foliage - ferns
- Cook's Decorative Glass & Things - home and garden decor
- D & D Growers - herbs and vegetables
- Deerpark Concrete - garden containers and decorative items
- EFG Orchids - orchids and tropicals
- Endless Harvest Towers - plant growing towers
- Farm Daddy - vegetables
- Florida School of Holistic Living - herbs and classes
- Four Sisters Foliage - tropicals and succulents
- Grassroots Nursery
- Gross Orchid - orchids
- Univeristy of FLorida IFAS Extension Bookstore
- J & P Nursery - flowering perrenials
- JG's Tropical Plants - heliconia and ginger
- MAD Plants - miscellaneous
- Magic Nursery - Citrus tree, fruit trees, pitcher plants
- MB Palms - palms
- Mead Botanical Garden Inc. - holiday wreaths from Magnolia Company
- Native Plant Society, Tarflower Chapter
- Nehrling Society
- Our Vital Earth - worm products, natural solutions
- Orange Audubon
- Randy's Bromeliads and More - Bromeliads, ferns, begonias, cactus, succulents
- Rusty Gate Gardens - succulents
- Sharon Garrett's The Habitat - orchids
- The Magnolia Company at the Mead Garden booth - holiday wreaths (fundraiser for Mead Garden!)
- The Watering Can - miscellaneous
- Tropic 1 Orchids - orchids
- Tropical Touch / Russell's Bromeliads - bromeliads
- Winter Park Garden Club
For vendor and volunteer participation information, contact Carol Cavanaugh via or at 407 539-0661.
for more information on sponsorship levels.
Vendors, please click here for the vendor application.