Mead Botanical Garden has an exciting opportunity to enrich the Central Florida cultural and social community with the addition of a new multi-purpose performance and observation venue called “The Grove.”
In this beautiful, open-air setting you’ll experience musical and theatrical productions, youth orchestras, choirs, plays, film festivals, symposiums and a variety of annual and ongoing activities. When completed, with its native stones and trellised vines, the pavilion will blend into the surrounding native landscape and wetlands.
The Grove and Pavilion are major components of Mead Botanical Garden’s master plan. The Florida Symphony Youth Orchestra and City of Winter Park are partners with us in this $700,000 project. Under Music Director Andrew Lane, the Youth Orchestra will use The Grove as their preferred site for outdoor concerts. A friend of the orchestra has generously donated $250,000 toward construction. A campaign for additional funding support is underway. For more information, please contact email@example.com.
The Grove will take its place among the foremost botanical garden performance venues in the country. We invite you to join in creating this exciting legacy.
- The Grove will provide a space with uses limited only by the imagination.
- The Grove will entice top level music, theater and dance performance groups to our community.
- Birders and nature lovers will have a spectacular vantage point from tThe Grove’s Birding Lookout.
- People of all ages will learn about the environment, ecology, horticulture, organic gardening and much more.
- The Grove offers a special setting for ceremonial and celebratory occasions.
- With construction of The Grove and restoration of the Garden, we expect increased property values and a boost to nearby retail and restaurant business.
- Professionals, academics, students and scouts will gather at The Grove.
- Festivals such as the Fall Harvest Festival, the Duck Derby and other fun filled events will make use of The Grove.
- The Grove will bring diverse groups together for a shared experience of pleasure and delight creating a sense of community.
Your Opportunities for Giving
The Terraced Seating
Grove of Shade Trees